wtorek, 16 czerwca 2015

Notebook - letter Project.


Hi there!

I have to confess... Recently I have been feeling like I'm discovering the whole penpalling world once again. I feel like an excited child over christmas presents. It's  w o n d e r f u l, and I wish every letter-writing enthusiast could feel like that all the time. I have a big disire to share my passion with you - post Instagram pictures, write blogposts about my penpalling adventures, and what's more important write long, thoughtful letters to my dear friends. I try to use plain paper and decorate it on my own to make it 'more me' and more personal. I have the impression that I'm falling in love with penpalling once again. I recently found a bunch of beautiful people whom I hope to build a deep and remarkable friendship. I created a board on Pinterest where I put all inspiring pictures so I can have it in one place, and look at them while sipping to a milk with honey before bed time to calm myself down and fall asleep with a head full of beautiful thoughts. Penpalling is a big part of my life, and I don't want to change that. In the meaning of penpalling word there are real people - full of dreams, plans, thoughts, fears. They look at the same sky, they dance under the same rain, they blow at a hot tea as you do... I'm amazed by the whole beauty this world provides me with.

Yesterday, while doing the weekly clean-up on my laptop, I found pictures of a project I did a while ago for one of the most important people in my life. Sometimes, when you are replying to a letter, you feel that you want to do something more... something bigger, something more thoughtful. So you pick a notebook and here the whole magic and adventure begins. At least that is what happened for me. I wanted to give my whole heart to a dear friend - surprise him and make him feel important to me, because that's true. :-) I put the creative mode on and started to fill all those pages step by step. I was looking for inspirations and ideas to decorate them and drank hundreds of tea mugs while writing the whole letter. When you take a careful look at my pictures you can spot a tea-mug circles left on my desk, hehe.
 It was a long letter full of my memories related to an orchestra I was a part of, my thoughts and opinions, my answers and my questions... 
 
Every once in a while I created a page with some surprises - a postcard, a leaflet, a card, so my friend can feel a bit closer to me at heart. He can see a place I recently visited, a city I spent a weekend in, read my thoughts about our friendship on a card. Sky is the limit in such situations, isn't it? ;-) What's the most important - it's essential that you eat kinder chocolates while you are writing, otherwise the desired effect won't be that good. No, I'm just kidding. A crazy kinder -chocolate-addict's humour is waving! 

All in all - it took me a lot of time to fill the whole notebook but that feeling when I had it all, ready to leave my country and fly through the Ocean to reach my wonderful friend - it was worth it. It was worth every minute spent on that project. My heart was literally singing a happy song about our friendship and it will always do. 

I'm in love with our friendship, Bart.



 












20 komentarzy:

  1. I have a letter I'm going to write in a notebook (have had the intention for nearly 8 months now) and now I finally got some ideas as what to do with the empty and boring pages! THANK you for the ideas! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. I'm very glad you could find something for yourself here. :) Such a notebook is a wonderful thing... And it really shows the meaning of penpalling. Hugs!

      Usuń
  2. This is so incredibly inspirational, Edii! I used to be so passionate about letter-writing and then my passion slowly died out... Not completely of course but I found it hard to motivate myself to write a letter. I couldn't write one at one sitting and it was really annoying. You are making this hobby of mine awaken in my soul afresh. It's amazing. Thank you <3

    I've also decided to start a blog about snail mail. I love blogging and I haven't done it for such a long time. I missed it. And yet again, it was YOU who had inspired me!

    I'm rushing to buy some notebooks and do something similar for some of my pen pals xx It's going to be an incredible adventure!

    Take care,
    Caroline
    http://carolinesletterbox.blogspot.com (still under construction - will begin writing sometime in July!)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you bery much, dear Caroline! I'm deeply touched by your warm words. They mean a lot to me! <3 I'm happy I could inspire you somehow and help you to wake up that penpalling spirit.
      I'm looking forward to reading about your snail mail adventures! Be sure that you already have one devoted reader! And I'll enjoy following you on Instagram as always.
      Hugs!

      Usuń
    2. You're very welcome!!! Your Instagram and this blog are real treasure and they are so inspirational and lovely. And you seem like a lovely person. I adore the way you write about your pen pals - with love, respect and passion. I love my pen pals as well and I'm grateful for having them in my life <3
      I'm so happy you are willing to read my blog :) Thank you! I will also read yours frequently. I've already caught up on everything you've ever written on this blog! It's truly amazing!

      By the way, I bought those notebooks earlier on today :)

      Hugs back and have a great evening!!!
      Caroline xxx

      Usuń
    3. Just wanted to let you know I've started writing on my blog already! Couldn't wait till July :D Here's my new blogpost: http://carolinesletterbox.blogspot.com/2015/06/intro-post-welcome-to-my-blog-outgoing.html
      x

      Usuń
    4. I'm already a devoted reader of your blog, dear Caroline. You made it such a beautiful and cosy place. Can't wait to read more your blog posts and snail mail adventures. Thank you for your warm words - they mean a lot to me ♡

      Usuń
    5. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

      Usuń
  3. Beautiful post and very inspirational for my own notebook that I am currently writing. :) <3

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Thank you very much, Nina! I hope we all can read about it on your blog as well :)

      Usuń
  4. Wow this Notebook Looks amazing. It is a wonderful idea for a lovely friend. How long did you worked on iTunes?

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. It took me about 2 weeks to fill the whole notebook :) I'm glad you like the idea. Hugs Elli ♡

      Usuń
  5. Cudowny ten zeszyt! Już od jakiegoś czasu zbieram się, by stworzyć coś podobnego, jednak przeraża mnie ta ilość stron, którą trzeba jakoś wypełnić - a w najbardziej odpowiednich chwilach zawsze brakuje pomysłów. Choć zdjęcia, które dodałaś, są bardzo inspirujące!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
    Odpowiedzi
    1. Dziękuję! :) Mnie też to przerażało, ale jeśli zeszyt przeznaczony jest dla kogoś kto jest bardzo ważny dla Ciebie i łączy was bliska i głęboka przyjaźń to, szczerze mówiąc, żadna ilość stron nie straszna. Po prostu się pisze... a strony jakoś same się zapełniają. :) Bardzo lubię kiedy tu do mnie zaglądasz, a i sama z przyjemnością zaglądam do Ciebie, Kochana!

      Usuń
  6. Hi Edii, I discovered you on your last blog "kleine Edii" and I just discovered you write on the new blog. I realy like you blog :) And I invite you to see my blog about snail mail : manonspenpals.blogspot.fr/

    Have a good day
    Manon's penpals

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Hey,
    I first discovered your blog because Caroline told me about your notebook-letter-project which I really liked. This is a truly amazing idea as I am often kinda lazy in answering letters as I always want to come up with something special. Not that I don't like ordinary letters, but it's always nice to send or receive something more special.
    I guess some of my friends will receive such a letter within this year, so thanks for this inspiration ♥

    And of course I really like your blog! You seem to have so many great penpals that I really start to become jealous to be honest. I was wondering where you find new penpals? Unfortunately I only have two, although I wished I had a few more :(

    I will definitely keep an eye on your blog on the futurue!

    Take care,
    Sabrina

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Can't wait for a new blogspot ♥ ♥ ♥
    I see my friend Sabi dropped you a comment :) ^

    OdpowiedzUsuń